Curly!!

Curly!!
Welcome!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mixed media painting & A'dam

Hello fellow artists and readers! :D

We are back in the Netherlands! And thankfully we had a few days of sun before it became total autumn...




I cleaned out my art supplies and got excited about drawing and painting again. Although I realized I left 90% of my brushes in Mexico... duh... so i won't see those until x-mas. Sigh.. typical.

But the reason they were left behind is the following mixed media painting :) I am enjoying using old stuff that lies around to add it to my paintings. And well this was done at my parents home, where i found a childhood book about plant that don't flower, like fungi. TOTALLY boring when you are a kid, but it was sooo fun to read now, and the pictures are incredible.




I'm working on another similar piece of mixed media right now as a gift. But I forgot to take a picture of it :P

Finally a quick sketch of my delicious dutch dinner the first week home! :D YUM!
More drawing will be coming since my job has been delayed for a few months due to paperwork- good news since we are picking up our puppy on sunday!!!!!!



Hope you are all doing fine, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! Hope you enjoy the next 2 I will post next week! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm very interested in your "typical" Dutch dinner...can you give the names of the items in English? I'm a true foodie and love to know what people love to eat in all parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan! Well it's quite simple, but if all is fresh, it is just delicious!
      Boiled potatoes, boiled sugar snaps (with a bit of butter), giant meat balls (meat with spices and onion, almost as big as a tenisball) and chicory (? i don't know if this is the right word) boiled first and then in the oven with cheese :)

      We also make a meat juice - jus - to put on teh `potatoes and meat, so its not too dry.

      Delete